Send a Gift of DOSA for the Holidays! It'll take just a minute online!
DOSA wins Michelin Guides 2015 Bib Gourmand for the EIGHTH year! A heartfelt thanks @MichelinGuideSF!
DOSA also wins BEST INDIAN for 2014 San Francisco Bay Guardian READER'S POLL for the SEVENTH year!
Thanks! We never take it for granted! :-)
Dosa is one of the world’s great culinary delicacies. Similar to a crepe, it is made from rice & lentils (no wheat) and served with a variety of fillings that will offer you the most authentic and tantalizing flavors of South India. Of course, DOSA is not just about dosas but about offerring the broad selection of South Indian fare to San Francisco diners using fresh ingredients that are primarily local, organic, natural and sustainable.
You haven't really had truly authentic Indian food till you've dined at DOSA. Don't take our word for it, here are a few reviews and awards...
* 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 & 2006 Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants SF Chronicle
* 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007 Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand & Recommended
* 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 Best Indian, Bay Readers Poll - SF Bay Guardian
* 2011, 2009 Best Indian Readers Poll Winner - SF Weekly
* 2010, 2008 Best Eats in San Francisco, SF Examiner
* 2009, 2008 & 2007 Best Indian, The Eat + Drink Awards - 7x7 Magazine
* 2009, 2007 Best Indian & Worth the Wait, Reader's Poll Winners - SF Mag
* The Top 10 (New) Restaurants of 2006 -Michael Bauer, SF Chronicle
watch our latest video
Authentic South Indian cuisine and a casually refined atmosphere come together at DOSA, the exciting dining destination located in the vibrant cultural hub of the Mission District. Spiced to tantalize and priced for the neighborhood, DOSA is the perfect place for a festive night out, and affordable enough for a mid-week meal after a busy day at work. Lighter, occasionally spicier, and more varied in flavors than the cuisines of other parts of India.
Another distinctive feature of DOSA is the attention placed on pairing wines. The wine list is carefully selected by our Wine Director, Ziya Aktas. We have specifically selected local as well as, globe-trotting, value-oriented wines for synergy with South Indian cuisine.
DOSA on VALENCIA
995 Valencia (@ 21 St)
415 642 3672
DOSA on FILLMORE
1700 Fillmore (@ Post)
415 441 3672
415 819 3672
415 819 3672